IGNORED

2000 R1100 RT Performance Controller

Jordan Thienel

Jordan Thienel

I'm looking into getting a performance controller for my RT and I was wondering if anyone has experience with a Techlusion unit or Wunderlich Performance Controller?

Advantages of one vs the other?

It looks like Techlusion has two possible units for the 2000 RT(1031 or 1033ST) Whats the difference?

Do I need an O2 By-pass for this year?

Thanks in advance.

This is an older style of fueling modification. A newer style would be an Innovate Motorsports LC-1 or an AF-XIED for BMW from Beemerboneyard. They have sold a lot of the different products and Mike F. there would give you good advice.

My own advice is that those products modify or eliminate Closed Loop, which has a number of disadvantages. If you're interested in the newer approach I'd be happy to go into detail.

RB

Jordan Thienel

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I just read the description on Beemerboneyards site.

For my application I would want this unit than: TUNER

That's correct. Unfortunately the R1100 is the only motorcyle that Nightrider can't build a universal cable for at this time.

To install, even with OEM connectors, you've got to pull the fuel tank to get to the connectors. In your case you find the O2 sensor cable, cut the black wire, and make three positap connections. Very easy, no harm to the sensor. Set the unit on setting 6 or 7 and you're good to go. Later you can try one setting up or down.

Do give Mike at BB a call though he can walk you through things. He has an AF-XIED on at least two of his personal motorcycles.

RB

Jordan Thienel

Why do the Germans need to make it difficult and put it under the tank... haha

Sounds good I'll give him a call in a month or two. Just have to wait for good ol' tax returns. :D

Archived