IGNORED

Is there front axle bearing source?

Twinsig

Guest Kakugo

I think (need confirmation...) the sizes are as following:

R/H bearing 20 x 47 x 14 (6204-2RS)

L/H bearing 25 X 52 X 20.6 (3205-2RS)

If so these are commonly available sizes and you can get them in any industrial supply shop.

The numbers above look right to me (but I am not in a position right now to positively confirm.)

But yes, the bearings used in the R1100 front wheel are common items and can be found at any good bearing store or on the Internet. Stick with better-quality units though and don't necessarily go for the cheapest price. Japanese and German manufacturers are often best but there are some good Chinese ones as well (as well as some very cheap Chinese products, hence the warning to not buy the $5.99 ones.)

The bearings can sometimes be a real bear to get out of the wheel without the proper tools. You can find tips on removal on the forum.

Info from parts piche, and what i found.

If anyone has info to disagree please advise.

1) 20x47x14 (NSK brand is 6204 RS C3)

1) 20x47x20.6/angular BB (NSK is 5204 RS C3)

Im going to attemp powder coat restoration using High Temp Lab Metal by Alvin. Tires are about due, wont hurt to replace the bearings at this point/mileage. I may do a photo/DIY article.

Guest Kakugo
Info from parts piche, and what i found.

If anyone has info to disagree please advise.

1) 20x47x14 (NSK brand is 6204 RS C3)

1) 20x47x20.6/angular BB (NSK is 5204 RS C3)

Im going to attemp powder coat restoration using High Temp Lab Metal by Alvin. Tires are about due, wont hurt to replace the bearings at this point/mileage. I may do a photo/DIY article.

C3 (a measure of internal clearance) is absolutely fine to use on wheels.

However, if possible, look for 2RS (sometimes given as RS2) bearings instead of RS. That means it has a double rubber seal, making it much harder for water to seep in, a crucial concern on wheel bearings. :thumbsup:

Archived