IGNORED

Hyperpro lowering kit

Sinman

I have continued my efforts to lower the bike and have found a company that supplies and fits the Hyperpro lowering kit to existing suspension. This will lower the bike by 25mm and costs $400 for front and back. (plus fitting)

Hyperpro web site

Its hard to imagine if 25mm will make a difference. Tonight I might try putting some timber blocks on either side of the bike that are 25mm high and see what difference it makes.

Has anyone tried this product or know of any issues I might need to consider?

I know that the side and centre stands might be a problem.

My next task is to find someone who will remove and then reinstall the front and back springs. Does anyone on the forum have any recommendations for Victoria?

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

I did the 25mm lowering with Hyperpro and it is VERY good.

I also shortened the side stand, though if you are careful and ensure that you have enough lean, then you do not need to do this.

It is easy to do the shock removals yourself. You will need a manual though. Any BMW shop will probably do the conversion if you supply the coils.

I did a thread here.

Also I did a thread on shortening my side stand.

Garry

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I'll have a go at making your seat brackets first. I have the BMW low seat so maybe the lower bracket will be enough. Then I don't have to worry about the side stand.

Next option will be the springs, but I will wait until winter when I won't mind having the bike off the road for a couple of weeks.

Steve

Archived