IGNORED

How about cars drive themselves and we can ride our bikes in peace

Kathy R

Have to wait a while , but they say that it will be a reality by 2050.

I've opted to not spend $1500 for the Tech Package in a new car purchase, but I was tempted. The idea of a smart and active cruise control on the highway meant not having to slow and reset. With the added pedestrian avoidance that is now available in some cars I can't believe it's going to take until 2050 for them to fully drive folks around town.

The idea that cars won't hit us, in spite of their drivers, is very appealing.

John Ranalletta

When cars can negotiate traffic with guidance systems, will people who are legally blind be able to "drive"?

Could you send your car to the grocery store w/o a driver to fetch groceries or run other errands?

Obviously, these cars must have collision avoidance (auto braking) functionality. What happens when practical jokers jump into travel lanes to stall traffic?

If I'm driving a "driverless" car, is it okay if I text?

Why would self driving cars need front-facing seats? I can play Monopoly with passenger en route to my destination, right?

When cars can negotiate traffic with guidance systems, will people who are legally blind be able to "drive"?

Cars have that technology now.

I expect that the day will come when "drive" doesn't mean the same thing. "I'm going for a ride". It's going to be different.

Could you send your car to the grocery store w/o a driver to fetch groceries or run other errands?

Yes, sounds wonderful to me. Some cars are already set up for "being called".

Obviously, these cars must have collision avoidance (auto braking) functionality. What happens when practical jokers jump into travel lanes to stall traffic?

They already do have that feature.

There is a whole new world of pranking, no doubt.

If I'm driving a "driverless" car, is it okay if I text?

I think that is the point.

Why would self driving cars need front-facing seats? I can play Monopoly with passenger en route to my destination, right?

At some point a guy said, "What about the horse shoes?"

Archived