IGNORED

Dip Ahead

John Ranalletta

Bob

Devils slide is no more. They have opened the bypass tunnel.

I was up there last week and rode thru' it. Very nice.

dc

Partially correct. Devil's Slide is still there and part of the old roadway is open (or will be) to pedestrians and hikers.

It may also be open to bicycles. As is the new bridge. But then how do I get my bicycle up there?

(On the motorcycle).

And, the new bridge will only accommodate bicycles on the new portion, not the old. So I can't ride all the way into the city.

The other think I seem to see on the tunnel, in addition to the wide area beside the one lane, is a separate bicycle tunnel. Or is that just the access area?

dc

It may also be open to bicycles. As is the new bridge. But then how do I get my bicycle up there?

(On the motorcycle).

P1000038.jpg

Camped out on those cliffs (K39.5) surfing for 4 days in the Summer of '65, Herb Alpert blaring on the speakers!

:grin:

Dang, Bill. Is there anything you haven't done? :grin:

PS, Reminds me of my favorite album cover when I was a young lad. Oh, the imagination of a twelve year old. Okay, I was 8 when it came out. But I was 12 when I discovered it in my parents collection.

Whipped-Cream-and-other-Delights-Herb-Alpert.jpg

Camped out on those cliffs (K39.5) surfing for 4 days in the Summer of '65, Herb Alpert blaring on the speakers!

:grin:

Dang, Bill. Is there anything you haven't done? :grin:

PS, Reminds me of my favorite album cover when I was a young lad. Oh, the imagination of a twelve year old. Okay, I was 8 when it came out. But I was 12 when I discovered it in my parents collection.

There were 4 of us, 2 from Daytona and 2 from Santa Monica, camping out of a van, didn't see another person the entire time. It was paradise, perfect point break (a left too!), Endless Summer condensed into four days.

Archived