IGNORED

Valentine 1 Mounting

Lmar

I'm considering purchasing a Valentine 1. I would like to know how you mount and waterproof it. Suggestions and pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Larry

I'm working on that too. I just ordered a waterproof radar box from legal speeding. Will report back after I have set up on my RT figured out

Tuck

This is the setup I had on my 12RT. Ram mount & Legal Speeding box. I used 3M Strong Velcro to attach the remote unit under the L.S. cover. Note the adapter that bolts to the front brake reservoir. I'm currently working on how to mount same on the GSA, as options are more limited.

Only problem here is the remote unit is not water resistant. It's okay in light rain, but heavy showers means you have to take it apart in the evening & dry it out. You'll need glasses repair screwdrivers for this.

Mics%20045-L.jpg

Mics%20046-L.jpg

I use a similar setup, Legal Speeding box mounted on top of BMR Shelf.

But I mounted the remote power unit inside the glove box and wired it into my AutoCom unit. Been using it like that for over 130 K miles.

Guys-

What if you don't have the remote unit? Do you then have to rely solely on the visual alarm? I've been thinking about a setup like this...

-MKL

Guys-

What if you don't have the remote unit? Do you then have to rely solely on the visual alarm? I've been thinking about a setup like this...

-MKL

If you paying any attention to the road, you will not see it until you got the ticket. It easier to hear then to see.

You could get a screamer, but those things a big problem, especially if you can't mute it.

Guys-

-MKL

If you paying any attention to the road, you will not see it until you got the ticket. It easier to hear then to see.

You could get a screamer, but those things a big problem, especially if you can't mute it.

Do you have to use a set of ear phones with the remote unit, or could I use my Sena Blue Tooth?

This is the setup I had on my 12RT. Ram mount & Legal Speeding box. I used 3M Strong Velcro to attach the remote unit under the L.S. cover. Note the adapter that bolts to the front brake reservoir. I'm currently working on how to mount same on the GSA, as options are more limited.

Only problem here is the remote unit is not water resistant. It's okay in light rain, but heavy showers means you have to take it apart in the evening & dry it out. You'll need glasses repair screwdrivers for this.

Mics%20045-L.jpg

Mics%20046-L.jpg

The way you have your V1 positioned on the brake reservoir, does your body block the rear antenna?

The way you have your V1 positioned on the brake reservoir, does your body block the rear antenna?

Not at all. I receive alerts just as well from behind as ahead.

Guys-

-MKL

Do you have to use a set of ear phones with the remote unit, or could I use my Sena Blue Tooth?

I have my V-1 hardwired into my Autocom intercom. Which has speakers in my helmet or I can use earplug speakers.

As for the Sena or whatever you are using, I am sure the make device to tie it into your intercom unit.

Do a search for the cheetah viz alert. I had the v1 on my RT, viz alert in the helmet. No wires. Awesome setup. The viz alert will distinguish between x, k and ka bands by color so you know if you are dealing with a supermarket door or a stealthy LEO....

Edit..

Also had the laser jammer tied into it as well....

Legal speeding has a visual alert that provides a heads up display in your helmet. I have been using one for six moths and really like it. Check out their HARD system

Archived