IGNORED

Helmet Cam in Italy - Amalfi Coast

Mr_Yuk

This is a helmet camera video of riding a short part of the Amalfi Coast in Italy to the hillside town of Positano. It is a beautiful area but can be very busy on weekends. This was a weekday. Hope you enjoy it.

Rod

I've visited the area a couple of times, but have not ridden there. It's a beautiful place, but you need to be aware of constant encroachments in your lane from oncoming vehicles. Kind of crazy!

Rod, Very nice video! :thumbsup: Liked the instramental music in the background too! Artist & title?

The music is from a public domain site, freepd.com The title is Born Barnstormers by Brian Boyko. Thanks, I liked it too.

Rod

This is a helmet camera video of riding a short part of the Amalfi Coast in Italy to the hillside town of Positano. It is a beautiful area but can be very busy on weekends. This was a weekday. Hope you enjoy it.

Rod

I love Positano and some day, I swear, I am going to sell everything and go live there...if my wife will let me :grin:

• 1 month later...

Did this ride many times last year on a t-max, a load of fun. Thanks for the memory jog. Did you rent out of Napoli?

Edited by Falco del Mare
  • 4 years later...

I just stumbled on this post today. My wife and I should be riding that route on May 7 as part of a CIMT tour, so your video confirms everything I had hoped for.

We got the list of participants this week. Any familiar names?

• Selden + Pamela riding two-up on a BMW F700GS coming from Georgia, USA
  • Stephen + Carol riding a BMW R1200GS coming from Alberta, Canada
  • Bill + Kathie riding a BMW R1200R coming from Washington State, USA
  • Jeff + Connie riding a BMW R1200RS coming from New Mexico, USA
  • Anthony DiOrio riding a BMW R1200RT coming from New York, USA
  • Tony DiOrio riding a Ducati Scrambler 800 coming from Boston, USA

I chose the F700GS because I fell in love with that model during a demo ride a few years ago, so this will be a 2-up extended test ride. After watching the Amalfi coast video, I'm pleased with my choice — narrow Italian streets with hairpin turns are not a good match for a big motorcycle ridden by a small person.

If the F700GS works out for the two of us, I suspect I'll be putting my 1999 RT up for sale later this year. It's just becoming too much of a handful for someone my size and age, especially 2-up. In the meantime, we're trying to get in as much seat time as possible between now and when we leave for Italy.

Edited by Selden