IGNORED

Stepped off the deep end. Again.

RichM

I've had two 1150 RT's and a K1200GT. Sold the K bike two years ago and bought a little F650GS as I just wasn't riding much. The GS is a nice little bike for around town, and taking the back roads to a remote lake for an overnite trip. My constant yearning for throttle response and being able to travel distance in comfort has overcome me. That Rolling Stones song from years ago kept playing in my head. Bought a 2013 R1200RT today and I have satisfaction at this time.

Thank you all in advance for understanding.

There's more to the story......today was the dealers last day open until after the holidays. I must wait until after new years to pick it up. I've got a full menu myself until then. I made the deal over the phone, as the BMW incentive is over at the years end.

I must say though that I like their holiday spirit and work philosophy.

Rich

I see you're in Mt. Shasta. Was there 2 days ago. Are you buying your bike from Hansen's or did you go south?

Anyway that's a great riding area. Done a lot of dual sporting by McCloud.

Have fun with the bike.

Hansen's is my favorite motorcycle shop/dealer. As luck would have it Craig had one 2013 left in stock. Smoking deal too. Anyone in the market I'd advise to buy now, they are practically giving them away until years end.

Rich

Totally understand the desire for the RT. Several years ago, I test rode the K1600GTL and wound up trading my RT in for it. Several weeks ago, made a deal with my local dealer for the 90th Anniversary RT in metallic black. Kept the K bike but had to have an RT in the stable. Now I have to decide which one do I ride. :dopeslap:

I'd recommend switching them out regardless of their life span. The Osram Rallye Plus is a good jump in improved lighting and an HID upgrade is a night and day difference (sorry for the pun). The upgraded bulbs in auto stores are a bit better but don't last any longer (probably less) than stock. Did all three upgrades on my RT and got the Osrams on the KS.

OP, congrats on the bike.

tsp

The blog

Congrats. Let us know if they've solved the short headlight bulb life problem on these newer bikes.
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that your tractor in the background? (Not the foreground) ;)

Yep, it's an L3400, my little helper. Riding the RT down to Red Bluff Saturday to see Rick Mayer.

Is that your tractor in the background? (Not the foreground) ;)

Yep, it's an L3400, my little helper. Riding the RT down to Red Bluff Saturday to see Rick Mayer.

I have a L3800, so mine is bigger than yours...lol :/

What's the lead time for a new saddle?

The L3400 is a little more than I need, but it's always better to have more hp than needed, correct?

I called Rick after getting the bike and set up a ride in appointment ASAP. I've had him build my saddles the last three bikes,lucky for me I only had to wait two weeks. He's just moved into a new shop in Red Bluff.

And talk about being a lucky guy......for Xmas my wife gave me 1000 for farkles. She knows me well.

So far I put on bar risers, kick stand foot,and the seat still leaves me around 500. I think a BMR luggage rack and guards for the valve covers ought to eat up the rest of the dough.

I found a few nice parts from a /2 I'm sure I can sell to cover anything else that I'll need.

I've had two 1150 RT's and a K1200GT. Sold the K bike two years ago and bought a little F650GS as I just wasn't riding much. The GS is a nice little bike for around town, and taking the back roads to a remote lake for an overnite trip. My constant yearning for throttle response and being able to travel distance in comfort has overcome me. That Rolling Stones song from years ago kept playing in my head. Bought a 2013 R1200RT today and I have satisfaction at this time.

Thank you all in advance for understanding.

Did you mean "IF you can't be with the one you love, Love the one you're with" ? :P

Archived