IGNORED

Temecula Days- Save the date

graydude

I think it's high time I reveal southwest Riverside County to my riding cronies. I'd like to propose the weekend of a March 8th, 2014 to come on down and visit to see what all the buzz is about. The highlight will be an epic ride where you will visit the Temecula Wine Country, ride famous Palomar Mountain, bask in the heat of the Anza Borrego desert via the glass elevator, smell the pines in Julian and dip your feet in the surf in Oceanside. All in one day!

For the non-riding spouses, my wife Susan will organize a wine tasting tour with one of the tour companies if there is enough interest.

Lodging will be tricky. We will be staying in Old Town Temecula at two motels that are within walking distance to outdoor dining, drinking and music. I could not negotiate a discount with these places as they typically sell out every weekend due to the close proximity to the Wine Country. The two hotels are right across the street from each other so hanging out should not be a problem. Make your calls directly to Rancho California Inn (951)676-5700, www.ranchoca.com or The Motel 6 at 41900 Moreno Rd. in Temecula. Call 800-466-8356 to make reservations. The Rancho Inn is the preferred place.

More details to follow!

Well, dang! I'm going to be out of town that weekend (and the following week).

I feel compelled to observe that most of the locations you mention are in San Diego County rather than Riverside County. :) Maybe you should take them to Idyllwild.

I've been wanting to go ride that area, but never had a good reason to go there.......till now

But, I'm not quite clear on a few things-

Like, do they allow "Desert Rats" inside the city limits?

Will there be throttle blipping?

Do we bring our own fireworks?

What time's the burnout contest.....

Can I tell 'em Todd said it's OK?

Don J :wave:

Fair questions Don. let me clear up few things:

1. Yes desert rats are tolerated. I mean we let people in from Arizona and LA

2. Throttle blipping is a heavily regulated activity in Temecula. You must apply for a "Permit to Irritate". Limited to bikes with hand grips a minimum of 24 inches above the shoulder.

3. No need for fireworks. you should have a nice glow on by sunset.

4. If you still have tread for a burnout you are doing something wrong or have been a member of my "smell the roses" tour where it's impolite to get out of 2nd gear.

5. Who's Todd?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello? Is their anybody out their? Can I get a tentative level of interest in this event? I don't want to spend months planning this only to have me be the only guy showing up and that's just because I'm lost.

lemme know please.

Hmmmmmm, so even folks from Arizona might be allowed in ? :Cool:

Ok, if its happening I could be there if I can still get a res at the motel.

Dang, I'm out.....too much stuff going on then.....

And I was so looking forward to all of the drunken debauchery and heathenism that Greydude promised :dopeslap:

Still wanna come ride that area sometime, you boys behave! :thumbsup:

It is on my radar, but I was treated so shabbily by a certain LT rider at Death Valley that I'm still having trouble sleeping.

Maybe some additional time will help to heal my deep psychological scars.

It is on my radar, but I was treated so shabbily by a certain LT rider at Death Valley that I'm still having trouble sleeping.

Bullett says, "Now I feel sooooooooo bad for calling Ed a crusty curmudgeon." Jeeze Ed, now I think you've gone and given her a complex!

Dang, I'm out.....too much stuff going on then.....

And I was so looking forward to all of the drunken debauchery and heathenism that Greydude promised :dopeslap:

Still wanna come ride that area sometime, you boys behave! :thumbsup:

WHAT!!! you can't make it Don... ya need ta rearrange your schedule and come down for some Southern Southern CA roads. If you can't ride that far in one day you can leave early and stop off here. We'll do the rest the following day. You need to reconsider... this is a once in a life time experience! :)

Eddd, I don't think you'll need any time... Todd will be stuck in snow on MT Palomar try'n to right his bike. He likes snow n ice.

If you're having trouble sleeping I heard Todd knows some very sweet lullabies that will help...

Also, Sue will be there to help with the deep scaring... she's easy to talk with.

I hope you can cope with these troubling times.

WHAT!!! you can't make it Don... ya need ta rearrange your schedule and come down for some Southern Southern CA roads. If you can't ride that far in one day you can leave early and stop off here. We'll do the rest the following day. You need to reconsider... this is a once in a life time experience! :)

Yeah, what he said!!

I'm assuming the bottle is pointing at me since I'm the only one tough enough to put snow treads on a 900 lb. bike and hit the slopes. What did I say??? I'd love to know so I can incorporate the dialog into my thrice a year greeting to you. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Archived