IGNORED

Spiegler success!

Twinsig

Probably sleep better, i mean stop better. This bike still had original lines, from 2002!

No leaks on test run, almost did a stoppie.

And for all the German vehicle fans out there, here's a photo of old & new German engineering, enjoy.

IMG_20131215_135839_451_zpsce8949d0.jpg] German [/url]

It's a 70 model squareback, fuel injected/auto-trans (2 of the suckyest options for a VW, on one car!). These suck so bad they are giving them away, literally. This one was FREE!

I am jealous of your garage space. Speiglers are on my winter project list. My lines are original from 97!. The front is still quite firm. The rear is almost non-existent.

It's a 70 model squareback, fuel injected/auto-trans (2 of the suckyest options for a VW, on one car!). These suck so bad they are giving them away, literally. This one was FREE!

I knew what it was before I read your description. My family owned a '68. Black with a red vinyl interior, man that thing got hot in the summer, and definitely no air conditioning! That was one of the cars I learned to drive on as well. Rear engine, below the storage area, so the three of us kids would have to take turns going back there and warming up during the four hour trip to Grandma's house over Christmas vacation, plenty of heat came up through the floor.

Man those old family stories, love em!

There were 5 of us in a 69 Datsun pickup, mom dad 3 kids. We laugh about those days, my sister would complain about me or my brother, "quit touching me!" How can you not touch, like 5 people in a refrigerator. Funny stuff...

and did that use the spare tire air pressure to operate the windshield washer?

Yep. I forgot about that!

And there was the inside release for the gas filler cover, and the gas filler itself was on the passenger side front fender. (You can see it in the picture above.) That confused more than a few guys at the gas station, back when it was all Full Service.

Mine had the "Semi-Automatic" 3 speed transmission, you could shift it manually or just put it in 3rd and turtle off. There was an electric switch in the shift lever that actuated the clutch/drive train. If it was in gear and stopped you could move the shifter up and down which would cause the rear end to raise and lower a couple of inches. It got a lot of looks at traffic lights.

Archived