IGNORED

Cycling video - astounding skill

RonStewart

The only way to ride a Colnago. :thumbsup:

There are several videos of D MacAskill and M Ashton that seem to define, way crazy...

Thanks for posting.

My buddy showed me the first

which was impressive,... and now this one,....just wow! I'd be so afraid that my carbon fiber bike would break in half.
....just wow! I'd be so afraid that my carbon fiber bike would break in half.

I'd be more afraid my flesh and bones body would break in half !!!

Very impressive. :thumbsup:

I'm sure they went through some wheelsets and a couple frames in the process.

The hard landings won't hurt a carbon frame, but impacts from dropping them can destroy them.

Very impressive riding. So was the first Road Bike party video.

I'm sure they went through some wheelsets and a couple frames in the process.

The hard landings won't hurt a carbon frame, but impacts from dropping them can destroy them.

Very impressive riding. So was the first Road Bike party video.

Not from Road Bike Party 1, only one bike and one set of wheels with a single tire getting punctured.

A couple observations:

1. The riders are running disc brakes. Far more stopping power, helps with stoppies.

2. The frames appear to be substantially smaller than optimal for those guys (at least for normal road riding.) Weight and geometry is key to popping in to and holding a stationary wheelie. I couldn't tell if they are running 650 or 700mm wheelsets.

There is a pretty good related video on the making of Martyn Ashton's bike here:

A couple observations:

1. The riders are running disc brakes. Far more stopping power, helps with stoppies.

2. The frames appear to be substantially smaller than optimal for those guys (at least for normal road riding.) Weight and geometry is key to popping in to and holding a stationary wheelie. I couldn't tell if they are running 650 or 700mm wheelsets.

There is a pretty good related video on the making of Martyn Ashton's bike here:

Saw that "making of" video too. One bike to make the video!

On Road Bike Party 1, he's using standard brakes ;)

Ashton's C59

Archived