IGNORED

R1150RT Hazards Have a Mind of Their Own

mbmb

I'm finishing up a repair project (replacing the two-piece high-beam bulb holder, which required removing the front fairing to fish the separated metal part of the holder out of the headlight), and now my hazard blinkers start flashing on their own. I can cancel them, but every time I do they come on again after about 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

[Edit: That's a great wiring diagram. Very easy to read. Thanks.]

I'll check it out, but that'd be a random short to have been created today.

Another data point: the hazard blinkers flash whether the ignition switch is on or off—even if the key is out.

MB

Close this one out as a feature rather than a bug.

It turns out that if your hazard blinkers are on and you cancel them by hitting one of the turn signal switches (instead of the cancel switch on the right handlebar) they come back on after about thirty seconds.

MB

Close this one out as a feature rather than a bug.

Maybe just a feature on your bike.

My '02 R1150RT doesn't cancel the hazards with anything other than the RED hazard switch on the left handlebar. It ignores the three turn signal switches (left, right, clear) with the ignition on or off.

Perhaps you have an aftermarket gizmo or something?

Or an interesting malfunction?

Stan

Another data point: the hazard blinkers flash whether the ignition switch is on or off—even if the key is out.

This is normal.

You can (normally) only activate them with key on--they will stay activated when you turn key off and remove it and of course can be cancelled in any configuration.

Archived