IGNORED

Another Milestone

OlGeezer

DaveTheAffable
Forgot to add:

Zero commuting miles.

Now that hurt.... :wave:

(I'm doing the "leave the house at 3:30am" thing on the RT, 3 or 4 days a week)

Today I surpassed a quarter of a million miles on BMWs!

Yippee!

Fantastic. I can hardly imagine how that feels.

I understand many of your miles was on an 2002 1150RT.... same as the bike I have now. (plus I have a KLR for the off road), so we have some things in common. I just hope to follow in your tire tracks.....

Congrats.

Today I surpassed a quarter of a million miles on BMWs!

Yippee!

Fantastic. I can hardly imagine how that feels.

I understand many of your miles was on an 2002 1150RT.... same as the bike I have now. (plus I have a KLR for the off road), so we have some things in common. I just hope to follow in your tire tracks.....

Congrats.

It feels pretty cool. When I got my first BMW, I had NO IDEA I was going to ride this much. Now, I'm not riding too much, instead looking to find more Adventuresome (pun intended) rides. Seriously though, I don't ride east-west very much (gotta cross that boring desert thingy), and I've covered a lot of the major roads here in the west, so I want to start checking out more obscure rides such as the smaller, two lane roads and maybe some fire roads. I've had the GSA in the sand and that isn't much fun, but I do want to improve my off road skills. I've also found that I need to be in better shape and that is a work in progress.

Yes, I did a lot of my Beemer miles on my 2002 RT. It would have been a better experience if I didn't have so much difficulty with the electrical system. I think I'm the only guy with CAN-BUS envy. I eventually put on 165k miles on it, 150k of that in the first 100 months.

Parallel with the RT, I owned a KLR for a few years. I never put very many miles on it. It was so much easier to pull the RT out of the garage. Off road, it was a little scary, particularly in sand.

I would like to go camping with my dog.

Most excellent! I just rolled over 100K this year. I used to think that was really something until I started talking with other BMW riders. It'd be very interesting to see the statistics on BMW total rider mileage attainment.

You of course are a MOA member and will be submitting your results for proper recognition.

Red

Most excellent! I just rolled over 100K this year. I used to think that was really something until I started talking with other BMW riders. It'd be very interesting to see the statistics on BMW total rider mileage attainment.

You of course are a MOA member and will be submitting your results for proper recognition.

Red

I won't be submitting anything for another 50k miles. MOA goes in increments of 100k.

Archived