IGNORED

Desert Runners

JohnnyJ

I came across a documentary video while channel surfing Direct TV today. "Desert Runners". It was very fascinating.

There is an organization that sponsors 4 desert running races a year: Atacama (Chili), Gobi (China), Sahara (Egypt) and Antarctica (bottom of the earth; and yes, it is a desert). Each race averages 250 kilometers (155 miles) and takes approx. 6 days to complete, and you must carry every thing you need for survival (water is provided)

The movie highlighted the few who attempted all four in the same year. Some were professional athletes, but most were not (you too can sign up).

Great documentary. It may inspire you to get off the motorcycle and start running.

Johnny J

Hmm! Run in a bloody desert instead of Ride....a cold day in hell indeed!

Maybe I'll wait for the video from another extreme sport, like the "Polar Ice-skaters" (NOT!) LOL ;)

russell_bynum
I came across a documentary video while channel surfing Direct TV today. "Desert Runners". It was very fascinating.

There is an organization that sponsors 4 desert running races a year: Atacama (Chili), Gobi (China), Sahara (Egypt) and Antarctica (bottom of the earth; and yes, it is a desert). Each race averages 250 kilometers (155 miles) and takes approx. 6 days to complete, and you must carry every thing you need for survival (water is provided)

The movie highlighted the few who attempted all four in the same year. Some were professional athletes, but most were not (you too can sign up).

Great documentary. It may inspire you to get off the motorcycle and start running.

Johnny J

Great stuff.

Archived