IGNORED

Revzilla Deal on Shoei RF1100!

RTinNC

Revzilla has a killer deal on RF-1100 solids! Just landed one for $279 w/free shipping and $10 Zilla dollars. Hard to beat that. I realize the RF-1200 is out but I like the 1100 so much wanted another before they were gone. Just passing it along!

Great deal.

Wished I could find a deal light that for a new RF 1000 or even a RF700.

Bought a 1100 this spring and don't like it nearly as much as the 700 or 1000.

Too much noise.

Great venting though.

I had a 700, a 1000, two RF1100s, and now I'm ready to go with the 1200.

I didn't notice any particular noise difference in them. Maybe the 1200 will be a tad quieter, but I don't know that I'll be able to perceive that.

The important thing I found was a custom made poured into the ear plug. Molded on the ear.

That's the only thing that will really cut the noise.

On the RF1200, I found a $150 price difference in sales outlets.

dc

Great deal.

Wished I could find a deal light that for a new RF 1000 or even a RF700.

Bought a 1100 this spring and don't like it nearly as much as the 700 or 1000.

Too much noise.

Great venting though.

WOW ... ironically for me the RF1100 is the quietest helmet I've owned. I came from the Arai Signet GT and like the RF1100.

I did see some deals on the RF1000's but not sure where. I am sure you can find some on ebay. Good luck.

The important thing I found was a custom made poured into the ear plug. Molded on the ear.

That's the only thing that will really cut the noise.

I've had both molded and foam ear plugs and found the foam ones, hearos in my case, offered better noise reduction at 33db NR. Howard Leight and Moldex offer some with the same NR. Of course they have to be inserted properly, and this is where the molded ones have an advantage because it's hard to insert molded ones improperly. On the other hand, molded ones don't change over time with your body, and therefore become less effective the older they get, which happens so slowly that you won't notice it.

I ordered two from Competition Accessories for about the same price. They replace my Shoei RF-1000's that are about 5 years old. I like them a whole lot more than the 1000 model. Better air flow, better fit for my oval head, no need to purchase different (thicker) cheek pads.

Archived