IGNORED

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Kathy R

Hoping everyone is safe, warm, well fed, healthy and happy.

Nigel sends a WOOF (this is how he looks after playing in the snow)

i-Pd9cFBw-L.jpg

DaveTheAffable

I have to work today. Not particularly happy about it.

Driving up the I-5 fwy, at 3:30 am, thoughts of an orphanage in a far away land that my wife and I support crossed my mind. Today, like everyday, they will eat meager meals of rice with some fish or chicken. Clean water is a challenge. If they are lucky, some of them will see a doctor today. Family? A concept not understood.

I speed along on a motorcycle that cost about $20,000 dollars. I am being paid well for my work today. When I get off, I go to a home filled with a healthy family, a wife who loves me, and a feast to be envious of.

I'm not trying to bring a tear to your eyes... but it did mine.

We have SO much to be thankful for.

Give thanks.

:wave:

To Kathy and everyone else on the forum, Happy Thanksgiving day and start of Hanukkah.

Note....

I have just found out that the two holidays will probably never coincide again. The next one according to the calendar will happen in some 70,000 years!

As we sit down today and enjoy family and friends let us be thankful for all the young ladies and gentlemen of our armed forces who are deployed around the world protecting our freedom.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Thank you, Kathy. And thank you all. I have given thanks for a great many things this morning. Among these would be the friends I've made here. It's an honor to be a part of this group for the past 15 years. And I'm grateful for the privilege.

Safe, warm, well fed, and healthy apply. Somewhat mixed feelings, as my father-in-law died on Christmas day, and this will be our first Thanksgiving in a long while without him — much tougher on my wife than on me. On the other hand, this has been a banner year for travel, and we have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We had a nice day over here, sharing the meal with people from all over the globe. We invited some troops down to our compund for an awesome smoked turkey, ribs and burger meal with lots of fixin's. Just having a regular American style meal brought joy to them!

DaveTheAffable
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We had a nice day over here, sharing the meal with people from all over the globe. We invited some troops down to our compund for an awesome smoked turkey, ribs and burger meal with lots of fixin's. Just having a regular American style meal brought joy to them!
From one "Hebert" to another...

Thanks for what you do.

Archived