IGNORED

Score one for me!!

Rougarou

So, at my job we have one of the employees that has taken an overseas assignment. He's sorta a car buff. About three years ago, his brother in law gave him a 1999 Porsche Boxster with very little issues. He repaired that car (basically replaced the brake system). From the time he got it, I told him I would buy it off of him. Fast forward to this year, while the wife and I were on vacation in the Outer Banks, he sold that car for the very price I had offered him from the beginning....he didn't think I was serious.

Anyway, he still had two other Porsches, a '73 911 Carrera RS that he was keeping and a modern 911 Carrera that was spoken for. This leaves the 1990 BMW 750il that his wife had driven. He told me that he would put the 750 up for sale and did so but got no offers. Less than two days before he leaves, he comes to me and asks if I would take the car. I replied yep, he signs the title over then and there. No costs, wouldn't take money, so now, I have a 1990 750il V12,...woohooo!!! It needs very little tinkering and she'll be as good as new.

cftj.jpg

gkxj.jpg

q82q.jpg

x2or.jpg

Nice but I wouldn't consider the car exactly free. Parts and maintenance will eventually cost more than the car is worth.

Thanks officer obvious :dopeslap: This is my third BMW cage and I know a wee bit about how to source parts on the cheap.

Hope you have better luck than I did ... had one of those beasties and if it wasn't one thing, it was another. And the things it needed were specific to the 750 ... just saying :Cool:

But, when it was right it was a marvelous car ! That 5 liter V12 would push the 2 ton vehicle around quite quickly , handled and braked as a BMW should and it was surprisingly good on gas too.

Nice but I wouldn't consider the car exactly free. Parts and maintenance will eventually :clap: cost more than the car is worth.

:thumbsup:

Thanks officer obvious :dopeslap: This is my third BMW cage and I know a wee bit about how to source parts on the cheap.

Well, technically, any car is only worth what you paid for it, or what it could be sold for. Since that price was $ZERO, unfortunately, Upflying is right on the money.

However, since yougot it for FREE, it will probably not cost you anymore going forward than a monthly car payment on a Ford Focus.

I'd say you won this one. Congrats!

Archived