IGNORED

Socket charging

MJM

The "book" says I can plug my BMW charger into the accessory sockets of my 02 RT and this will happily charge the battery. Why does it never work?. The fuse is not blown. What am I missing???

have you run a test to see if there is power coming upto it ?

on l.h.s of the bike there should be another power switch just under the seat see if this one is powered up they are interlinked. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I use both sockets (dash and lower left side). Yours must be disconnected or fuse blown/not tight in block. My sockets are not switched.

R1100RT or R1150RT? ('02 model could be either depending upon where in the world you are.) (PS: If you fill out your board profile we will know more.)

R1100RT - Are you going through the dash outlet or the lower side outlet, if equipped?

R1150RT - Same results with both lower left outlets?

Open up the plug on your charger (typically, the shell is threaded). My charger stopped charging last week, and after spending an hour trying to find a (non-existent) intermitent short to the socket, I checked the charger plug and found that one of the wires had pulled loose. Looked as though the screw on the terminal had never been tightened down. This was with a BMW-brand gel charger

Archived