IGNORED

Side Stand Switch

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

A while back I had the right hand switch cluster changed out. Bike would not start with stand up, down, neutral... and 'fiddling' with start switch would finally get it going. Well, no problems at all since... 'til yesterday.

Bike will not start in first. Stand up, down, doesn't matter. Starts in neutral every time.

I haven't even looked yet... is the stand switch adjustable?, cleanable?, easily changeable?

Thanks!

Morning Dave

That sounds more like the clutch switch than the side stand switch.

What happens with the engine running (clutch pulled in) when you put the side stand down with trans in gear?)

DaveTheAffable
What happens with the engine running (clutch pulled in) when you put the side stand down with trans in gear?)

Engine quits. No restart with stand up or down.

Put it in neutral... starts right up.

I think I will try stalling it in gear, and see if I get re-start.

Afternoon Dave

It still sounds like the clutch switch but nothing written in stone.

You really need a GS-911 or dealer computer to check the clutch switch (as well as side stand switch) but can probably test the clutch switch somewhat with the cruise control.

Set the cruise control at a low throttle setting (low vehicle speed), then put your right foot over the rear brake pedal with it ready for INSTANT use.

Now simply pull the clutch lever in-- if the cruise drops out (engine quits pulling) then the clutch switch is working OK, if the engine flairs or races then QUICKLY hit the rear brake pedal to stop the engine racing & that tells you the clutch switch is not working correctly.

Archived