IGNORED

PR3's and dealer comments - Irv Seavers BMW

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I have been burning up the miles on my 2010 R1200RT. Took it in last week for my first set of tires and a switch repair at a whopping 7900 miles. Yeah... I need to ride more.

I'm commuting 3 or 4 days a week now, and needed to replace the original Metzlers with some new rubber. Irv Seavers was/is having an Oktoberfest special. Buy tires thru parts department @15% off, plus 30% discount on normal labor charges for mounting. I dropped it off Friday am for the tires and to get the RH start/switch assy replaced under warranty. I bought a pair of PR3's, and picked the bike up on Saturday.

They had a vendor show in parking lot, some demos, give aways, and free bratwurst and sodas.

The tires are great. I had reasons to ride all three days since picking them up. I had PR2's on my K1200RS a while back, and I know these will be fine.

Irv Seavers BMW - Dealers in general... some people love 'em, some people hate them. I can only say that my experience in dealing with Irv Seavers over the last 6+ years has only been positive. I bought my K1200RS there used, and my 2010 R1200RT there new. Both transactions were fair, and smooth.

Jim in parts goes the extra mile to not just sell you what you need, but explain it, describe, and make you feel good about what's happening.

Dave Diaz the GM always has a hello, a kind word, and on several occasions asked me if they could do things better. He's fair, and I have found him to be reasonable.

Service? Jeff Ross is off to a good start as their newest svc mgr. "Harley", one of their writers, she is bright and cheery. The bike works, comes back clean, on time, well explained.

Perfect dealership? Nope. They have their foibles. They have to make a profit. They have families to feed too. And not everyday is "zippity doo-dah" day. But I get that.

Exceptional dealer? I think so. I've been treated well.

YMMV

Hi Dave. I agree that Irv Seaver is a good place to go. Their service is good and the prices fair. Jim is a good guy and always willing to talk. However I've switched to Long Beach BMW off Cherry Ave and the 405. They're closer for me. They also seem to have the best deal on tires.

Archived