IGNORED

AfterShokz Sportz 2 Headphones

Charles Elms

Charles Elms

For the 12 years I've been riding my 1100RT, I have been experimenting with the best way to listen to music while riding. My bike came with the factory radio and speakers. With a C-Baileys windshield I managed to get a quite pocket of air where I could start to listen to music using the speakers. However, there was still too much wind noise for this to be an acceptable solution. I also didn't want to spend big bucks for custom earphones. My next step was to have some custom ear plugs made. The price was reasonable, and I did not have to fool with trying to get the foam plugs to work. I had about given up on listening to music at highway speeds. Then a friend said to try his "bone conducting" headphones.

They worked and I immediately bought a pair via Amazon. They are AfterShokz Sportz 2 Headphones. Less than $50 with shipping. Here is the key to these devices. They do NOT cover your ear, so you can use your existing earplugs. They fit just in front of your ear on your jawbone. There is a band that goes around the back of your head. It does not interfere with your helmet.

They even work with my glasses, although I put my glasses on after I put my headphones on.

I will never be on a trip without them as I enjoy tunes on the interstate.

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these headphones.

In summary, you can wear your existing ear plugs, these are legal because they do not cover your ears, they fit under a flip up helmet, and they are less than $50.

It you like tunes -- Google them.

Archived