IGNORED

48k service

itroop

I'm within 1k miles of having to do the 48k service on my bike. Without tearing the tupperware off, what portions of that service can I do? I'm trying to save from having to pay the dealer $600+ dollars for the service.Thanks in advance,

Mark

[edit: if you want to schedule a tech day, please do it in the appropriate forum. your mechanical question was left here. thanks.]

hi mark

you can start with the airfilter , fluid levels and brakes but that is about mate, GO ON get stuck into it a full service kit is only about £80.00 sterling /$140..usd and wont take you long to complete and that,s inc new brake pads.

I reckon you could blind it in a good day no hassle . thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

regards

derek

Mark: I think you would be surprised at how easily the fairing is removed and replaced. It's just a question of finding all the screws (which are shown in your owners manal), unscrewing them, and the plastic comes right off. Only one or two of the screws are longer than the others - you can mark them (long or short) in your owners manual as you remove them, and reassembly is a a piece of cake as well. First time I remove the fairings it took ten minutes a side to remove, and ten minutes a side to replace. go for it.

Mark: I think you would be surprised at how easily the fairing is removed and replaced. It's just a question of finding all the screws (which are shown in your owners manal), unscrewing them, and the plastic comes right off. Only one or two of the screws are longer than the others - you can mark them (long or short) in your owners manual as you remove them, and reassembly is a a piece of cake as well. First time I remove the fairings it took ten minutes a side to remove, and ten minutes a side to replace. go for it.

Only 19 screws on each side! eek.gif But not bad at all. The only worries are that when reinstalling, you put three of the short screws on top of the gas tank, the others don't matter.

FWIW the 48K is not too bad, but the brake and clutch fluid are fairly involved, and you should get some experienced help when doing it the first time. A tech day is ideal!

Jim cool.gif

Archived