IGNORED

New w/c GSA

TEWKS

Haha, it was early so I looked and looked at what I wrote for twenty minutes, then I saw what you meant, Funny! :grin:

Pat

They had them on the showroom floor at BMW San Diego last week. I got to sit on it,,,nice feeling bike. It actually seemed lower than the air/oil cooled model to me.

Say what? You mean the new R1200GSA water cooled? I think you may be confusing this with the F800GSA... If not, then that dealer scored the advance sneak peek of the century!

FlyingFinn

When the real new GSA is actually revealed, I'll be very curious to see where and much of extra gas tank capacity they were able to implement.

The radiators are now smack where the GSA used to carry the extra fuel.

Mikko

You know, I think I have that figured out based on a closer examination under the seat... looks like they are following what they designed for the F800GSA... looks to be an extra holding tank for extra fuel. Don't see that on the current GSA.

Say what? You mean the new R1200GSA water cooled? I think you may be confusing this with the F800GSA... If not, then that dealer scored the advance sneak peek of the century!

Nope, It was the new W/C R1200GS....Not the GSA.

Oh, understand now... it just threw me for a loop because we are talking new WC GSA and you said you saw them on the floor already at a dealer... gotcha!

I could not see in the add that it was a GSA. Sorry, my bad. The picture is cut in half on my computer and all I see is the "200 GS leaked"

lol

The WC is a cool looking bike.

The new Adventure model might be the ideal touring bike, particularly for long-legged riders. It seems there would be plenty of "sport" for the sporttouring riders as well as touring features such as cruise control and weather protection from the adjustable windshield, the wide tank and even the handguards. Also, some of the potential new model bugs will have been corrected thanks to BMW's LC GS experience.

I haven't paid much recent attention to the GS line, but the upcoming GSA appears to be a strong competitor, as a tourer, to the upcoming RT.

• 2 weeks later...

I know. Unfortunately we're looking down the barrel of a new a/c unit for the homestead. And this after having both bathrooms redone in the last five weeks. And a grand deductible on The Wifes rear-ended Mini. And my threeish grand finger repair job.

It's okay. As long as I don't ride one, I'll survive. :Cool:

Feel sorry for me yet?

Yeah, neither do I. :grin:

• 1 month later...

Archived