IGNORED

1600GT

Brad Moores

Brad Moores

I have been riding a 2011 RT for two years and now, based upon reasons I needn't go into now, I am picking up a brand new 1600 GT on Friday morning. One question since this is my first view of the K Bike posts: Have there not been any technical, maintenance, or problem posts for this bike? Can it be true that everyone is enjoying great service, reliability, etc. for this bike? Where are the posts about issues with regard to the K1600GT?

While you'll see just about any bike ever made being discussed on this forum the overall focus tends to be on the BMW R-bike models so there isn't a huge amount of info about K-bikes here. For lots of K-bike discussion see www.i-bmw.com or www.k-bikes.com

Another good one is http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/

Have a little over nine thousand miles on mine with minimal problems.

Hi beam button stopped working correctly. Replaced switch cluster under warrantee.

No USB port detected sometimes, iPod stops playing. Gonna try a computer update.

Water pump has developed a minimal drip. Parts ordered. Still rideable.

Not knocking the RT, loved mine but the list of warrantee items was much longer.

Still a work of art in my eyes!

Pat

Brad Moores

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM IS GREAT TO COMMUNICATE WITH, I HATE TO LEAVE THE FORUM. SINCE THERE IS A K-BIKE CATEGORY PERHAPS THERE WILL BE MORE POSTS FROM K1600 RIDERS. HOPEFULLY IT WON'T BE FROM ME ABOUT PROBLEMS. THE K1600 LOOKS TO BE A VERY TECHNICALLY COMPLEX BIKE. HOPE THAT DOESN'T TRANSLATE INTO A LOT OF SHOP ISSUES. THANKS AGAIN, BRAD MOORES

Brad Moores

THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO, PAT. THANKS. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAD WITH THE RT (WITH OVER 15,000 MILES ON IT) WAS THE STARTER SWITCH WHICH WOULD FAIL WHEN ITHE BIKE SAT IN THE SUN. I HAD TO REPLACE IT TWICE. I THINK BMW FIXED THAT PROBLEM.

tom collins

the k series used to make up a larger percentage of bmw sales about 10 years ago than it does now. might explain less participation. i have a 2003 k 1200 rs that i bought a year ago, but have had no issues, so no reason to post anything.

Still a work of art in my eyes!

See, told ya! :grin:

Picture058.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

Ok ok I'll stop! ;)

Ah, just one more! :grin:

IMG_3183.jpg

Pat

I have a 2012 GTL that I have put 20000 miles on now . Bought it new. Only problem I have had is a water pump went bad. Rode it to the dealer for repair. Not a big deal. I have had 2 1200RT's and liked them very much. The 1600 is a different animal and you will love it. It's smooth as silk and goes like stink! The power is amazing. Have fun...GT

Archived