IGNORED

Pitting prevention...

jakfrost

Haven't seen anyone writing about the 'front fenda extenda' question lately...has everyone that wanted one found one??

I balked at the BMW Santa Cruz unit at $135.00, hoping something else comes along that I can afford. O.K. 'rationalize'...

I know what the roads are going to be like here after the snow is gone and the salt and sand are covering the asphalt.

Since the bike has only 1km on it, now would be the time to bother to try and keep the damage to a minimum.

Jim

I fitted a fender externder to my RT and it prevents all sorts of crud from being sprayed inside the front cowl. It probably could be about 10mm longer to prevent spray on the lower tip of front spoiler area but I'm happy with the purchase and performance.

Got the LT fender (rear piece of course) from Chicago BMW and made the two needed cuts....much better coverage and looks stock....just hold the stock RT piece up to the LT one to see where to make the cuts...not 100% coverage but very good for a decent price (I think it was around $60 shipped).

Got the LT fender (rear piece of course) from Chicago BMW and made the two needed cuts....much better coverage and looks stock....just hold the stock RT piece up to the LT one to see where to make the cuts...not 100% coverage but very good for a decent price (I think it was around $60 shipped).

Nick...are you describing a mod to the front fender using a stock LT 'rear fender' ??

Sorry if I seem a little 'thick' but I am looking for a front fender extention to prevent the road crud from getting into the engine cowl area..I guess I will have to get creative with some black plastic and pop rivets.

Jim

I believe Nick is refering to the rear half of the front frender from an LT. A common mod for R11XXRTs, I did not know it would also go on as 1200.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Archived