IGNORED

2007 K1200R Sport opinions

TucTech

Test drove a 2007 K1200R Sport with 39k miles on it. The bike runs well and was a blast to ride. I'm interested but have not been able to find many reviews or opinions for the bike. My use will be around town with occasional 2 - 4 hour trips. Would appreciate thoughts on how well this bike fits that use and what the best source for after market ergonomic upgrades ( seat, windscreen) are. Also wondering if 39k miles is an issue for this motor.

All the best

Tuck

Bill Murray

I used to own a 2007 K1200R-Sport. It was a great bike and I still wonder why I traded it.

You will have to decide whether you are satisfied with the stock seat. I used to be able to ride a 500 or 600 mile day on the stock seat, but it was a chore do so. I eventually equipped it with a Rick Meyer saddle and afterwards a 700 mile day was a breeze.

I also changed out the stock windscreen with a ZTechnik (I think) smoke-color screen, which somewhat improved the air pocket behind it (slightly lArger and less turbulence). I kept the screen after trading the bike and still have it in the garage. Let me know if you are interested.

39k on the motor is not a concern if it has been properly cared for. I believe the dealer said a valve check should be done at 24k or 36k, but the service manager said stretching that a little was fine since he had never had to do a valve adjustment on one with less than 40k.

It's a fun bike. Just keep an eye on your throttle hand -- it's addictive.

I had one. Great bike. I put Givis on it, 4 inch risers and a Luminar lip. It was fun and easy to ride all day. The Corbin seat also worked great.

L

Archived