IGNORED

New to me K1300 GT

Urban Surfer

Urban Surfer

Sold the old RT, was a great bike, I had a lot of fun, but needed some power.

this k bike is fantastic! It's easier to ride at lower speeds that the RT was. Super smooth, and limitless power.

I am looking for a service manual on disk if anyone knows where I could get one, would be appreciated.

Thanks

RichEdwards did a nice write up on an oil change on his 07, not sure if it's the same deal on the k13.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=26597&Number=283578#Post283578

Valves would probably be a dealer item at least for me but, final drive and some of the other maintenance requirements should be a direct cross over from the R bikes.

Pics or it didn't happen! :grin:

Pat

Urban Surfer

I just can't post any pictures. Don't know how.

I wish I could do it, so many things I'd like to share.

fourteenfour

I am going to post through my photo bucket account once I get a day without rain. Other than the day I bought my new to me GT it has rained here in Georgia....

so while riding in the rain is fine, pictures aren't.

there are a few free sites you can upload shots to for hosting.

AnotherLee

Urban-Surf dude - I think many of us would like to see your pictures.

Have you been to Forums --> Discussion Board Support -->How to post a picture yet?

As Chris says and it's what I do too, photobucket is your friend. If you can download your pics to the computer you have step one complete.

Log on to photobucket and register an account.

Upload your pics from your computer to photobucket.

Then copy and paste them here three over from the smile face that you see above when you're posting anything. It took me weeks to figure out how to do it but you'll get it if you try! :thumbsup:

Pat

Urban Surfer

As Chris says and it's what I do too, photobucket is your friend. If you can download your pics to the computer you have step one complete.

Log on to photobucket and register an account.

Upload your pics from your computer to photobucket.

Then copy and paste them here three over from the smile face that you see above when you're posting anything. It took me weeks to figure out how to do it but you'll get it if you try! :thumbsup:

Pat

Ok I almost got it. Now do I copy and paste the ULR whatever that is? Or do I copy and past the picture? And what smile face?

Thanks for your help

Great! Now before, you copied the URL from the photo but that's not working for me anymore. So, right click on the picture and copy it.

In your post above where you put your text is a bunch of icons I guess you'd call them. To the right of the envelope is the one you click on. Then click on....insert a non floating image. Paste your picture there. :thumbsup:

Pat

Urban Surfer
Odd, it looks just like mine :P

What seats are those? They look lumpy

Those are Rusel seats. They are excellent, putting your foot down is a little awkward. Even the pillion seat is better than the sargent seat I had on the RT.

Hey do you have a GPS mount? Aftermarket windshield?

fourteenfour
Odd, it looks just like mine :P

What seats are those? They look lumpy

Those are Rusel seats. They are excellent, putting your foot down is a little awkward. Even the pillion seat is better than the sargent seat I had on the RT.

Hey do you have a GPS mount? Aftermarket windshield?

No GPS mount, but a Ztech windshield. Since I never rode one with a stock shield I cannot say which is better. I still wear ear plugs as the noise is higher than any RT I have ridden, not sure why.

"not sure why"

Shirley you jest?

Or is that a serious query?

Both nice looking bikes.

Archived