IGNORED

4 Alabama boys on a ride

SteveHebert

SteveHebert

4 of my friends left yesterday on a 5 week trek to Deadhorse, then the National Rally. They will return on the 28th of July. I thought I would post the link to their spot. Having lots of eyes out there in case something happens is always good insurance, kind of like a "VFR flight plan" for us pilots.

Dixie to Deadhorse

SteveHebert

They did just under 1700 miles the first two days, the about 600 on day three. Time to slow down now and enjoy the scenery. I gave them the link to the Calgary floods.

I want to be with them on this! I guess I will just have to do more dust landings and pinnacle approaches for m excitement.

SteveHebert

Looks like the guys are having 1150GS troubles. Sounds like the dreaded fuel line split in the tank. A very nice couple in an RV gave a ride to the rider (60 miles) to pickup the only Uhaul available (thanks to the anonymous book). If that is the issue they will be on the road soon and will drop the Uhaul at the local town. If not, then it is 300 miles to Fairbanks and the BMW dealer. Things just got a bit expensive.

SteveHebert

Simple fuel line replacement and hey were off. They are on The Haul Road now, the challenging part of the journey.

SteveHebert

Very bad weather on the north side of Anigan Pass, terrible road conditions and insane "moresquittoes" as they called them made them turn around short of Prudoe Bay. They were not all that upset and are enroute to Denali and then on to the ferry system for a few days. They will be in Salem for the natioinal.

Archived