IGNORED

Seat jacks fork seals

jacko

Hi

The seat jacks arrived from CycleGadgets. I had already made some but fitted them anyway

Cant say Im to crazy about the way they increase the the hight from 1/4 to 3/8 with the 8 little spacers.

But it is more comfortable.

I just noticed I have a leak on one fork seal.

I have ridden plenty of trail bikes with leaky forks untill I got around to fixing them.

Whats the go with these 1150 RTs ,do they need fixing straight away.

With the shock on the front how much do the forks do.

thanks Jacko

do they need fixing straight away.

I waited 5000 miles with no ill effect. Only downside is the mess, eventually they get pretty "squirty". Never seemed to affect the paint or windscreen...or the car behind me...or the pedestrians.. smile.gif

Thanks Guys

Yeah I will get some seals and get around to it.

I have a KTM 400exc and the BM is not leaking anything like it.

It spews oil out of the forks just sitting in the shed.

G-Day Keith

I hit that scuff mark on the top box with a file and keyed it to my bike ,(looks like a newie)

catch ya regards Jacko

I blew a seal bad on Christmas day offroading in Death Valley and lost a sh*tload of oil. I got home 500 miles later and had to ride a week of commuting before I got the new seal. I was a little worried but there is a lot of oil in there (450 cc) and when I took it apart is was still very well lubricated. Don't worry about it. I bought the BMW fork oil too, very inexpensive for a fluid with BMW on the bottle.--Jerry

Archived