IGNORED

6K service for a hexhead.

wilsons

ummm I'm kind of in a bit of a predicament. It's winter, weather has been cooperative but that goes on a day to day bases on whether I ride or not. and Im sitting at around 6400 miles and need to get my 6K service done which I'm guessing is two months off. So I'm trying to keep my rides rather short and sweet, as much as that pains me. How concerned should I be over this? How far can I go without getting into issues with the warrently and such. confused.gif

You should be fine if you're +/- 1000 miles. Don't forget, your 600 mile service was only 5800 miles ago so, technically, you're not due yet. wink.gif

You should be fine if you're +/- 1000 miles. Don't forget, your 600 mile service was only 5800 miles ago so, technically, you're not due yet. wink.gif

hehe, sounds good to me grin.gif

ummm I'm kind of in a bit of a predicament. It's winter, weather has been cooperative but that goes on a day to day bases on whether I ride or not. and Im sitting at around 6400 miles and need to get my 6K service done which I'm guessing is two months off. So I'm trying to keep my rides rather short and sweet, as much as that pains me. How concerned should I be over this? How far can I go without getting into issues with the warrently and such. confused.gif

What's the problem with just getting it done? Ride it in on a pretty day and pick it up when the weather is nice. If a dealer wouldn't work with me on that, I wouldn't buy anything from them including the bike.

What's the problem with just getting it done?

The weather! It's gonna snow and be cold tomorrow, glad I didn't arrange it then tongue.gif but it wouldn't be an issue if it was gonna be 60 degree's next saturday and I could ride up there (to columbus) and back, but I don't know if that will happen smile.gif probably not smile.gif

What's the problem with just getting it done?

The weather! It's gonna snow and be cold tomorrow, glad I didn't arrange it then tongue.gif but it wouldn't be an issue if it was gonna be 60 degree's next saturday and I could ride up there (to columbus) and back, but I don't know if that will happen smile.gif probably not smile.gif

Geez, Shawn, I really feel for ya man. I could have ridden today here in Dixie but feel a little tired and puny. Tomorrow will be another story. You have an open invitation to ride with me in some of the most beautiful mountains and twisties in the country. They start at the end of my driveway. I do understand your frustration but it'll pass!

Yea it shall, the biggest problem was I bought the bike at the end of the year, close to the 6K service needing done.I put 2000 miles on her since Oct 30th of last year. If I get too desperate I could just drive her up there to get it done. I much rather ride it there. I didn't think i'd put that many miles on it, its freakin winter! grin.gif

Where's Dixie anyway smile.gif

Archived