IGNORED

Ever wonder what RideSmart is all about?

Huzband

Dave_zoom_zoom

Mitch

I just wanted to say I think that you are one cool guy.

Not only are you an excellent rider, but you are willing to put yourself out there to take possible negative criticism along with the positive you may be looking for. It's clear to me that the important thing to you is the desire to continue to improve. (no matter how good you are presently)

I'm always looking for people like you that have greater skill/knowledge then I, to ask them if they might be willing to ride behind me for a while to give me pointers on how I may improve.

There are a few that think I'm good. But I know I'm only about 1/2 way to where I would like to be.

Keep up the good work in not only seeking your own self improvement but in helping many of us in our journey toward self improvement.

Dave

Dave, he puts himself out there... but if the criticism gets to be too much, he can just use his Admin powers to make it go away!! :rofl:

Hi Mitch! :wave:

Hey Mitch

You wouldn't do THAT, would you? :)

Dave

russell_bynum

Mitch

I just wanted to say I think that you are one cool guy.

Not only are you an excellent rider, but you are willing to put yourself out there to take possible negative criticism along with the positive you may be looking for. It's clear to me that the important thing to you is the desire to continue to improve. (no matter how good you are presently)

I'm always looking for people like you that have greater skill/knowledge then I, to ask them if they might be willing to ride behind me for a while to give me pointers on how I may improve.

There are a few that think I'm good. But I know I'm only about 1/2 way to where I would like to be.

Keep up the good work in not only seeking your own self improvement but in helping many of us in our journey toward self improvement.

Dave

Dave, he puts himself out there... but if the criticism gets to be too much, he can just use his Admin powers to make it go away!! :rofl:

Hi Mitch! :wave:

hehe.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

"Raise the outside butt cheek"

Does that mean weight the outside peg?

Been wondering about that one.

Working on my form.

David

Joe Frickin' Friday
"Raise the outside butt cheek"

Does that mean weight the outside peg?

Nope. In a left turn, your head moves toward the left mirror. This gets easier to do if the right half of your butt is lifted off of the seat.

Weighting the inside peg and gripping the tank with your knees makes it easier to take some weight off of the handlebars.

If you try all of this with the bike up on its centerstand, it gets easier to experiment and take time to feel around for what works; then you have a better idea of what to practice once you're rolling.

Past time, but I don't want to crowd the fall too much.

I'm looking at next spring. Everyone stay tuned.

You could try for the day before the FART. :wave:

Umm, no.

I agree that doing one tied to an event might give people with new skills some false confidence before they really feel them click.

BTDT, managed a save using the techniques, but it was dumb luck. I was only joking about being the "Bad Example" before that class. Now I am the one trying to be a voice of reason.

Yes Matt, at time you are trying.

;)

Unlike me and some other fine folks...

:P

Acceptance is the first step in the cure...

Give it a go!

Keep me posted! I will make myself available for this (if you'll have me!) ;)

Yep, I know exactly where that turn is, and it takes you through a full 180 degrees. Killboy caught me there in 2008:

289105232_SihG9-L.jpg

Just read through this post and it brings back such wonderful memories of the RideSmart course I was fortunate enough to have participated in. :) Best motorcycle training experience I have experienced to date! Not sure how I survived my many years of riding without an understanding of the principles taught to me during that course.

I know it takes time and effort to run RS courses, however, it is a tremendous gift from those that do this for board members that share there passion to maximize their machines safely. Thank you to all those that have in the past and hopefully to those that will run RS courses frequently in the future. :clap:

Archived