IGNORED

Anyone using a Garmin Zumo 450 or 550?

RTinNC

Have a Zumo 450 and need to know if the SD slot takes a SD or SDHC card. Trying to load lifetime maps and not enough memory so need to use the SD card.

The Zumo 550 takes a SD card.

Thanks Bernie ... I thought it was a standard SD and not the SDHC but wanted to confirm. It is hard to find a 4GB SD card. And the 2GB is not big enough.

Thanks.

Morning Ed

As a rule most ALL the standard SD cards will work but I am currently running an 8 gig SanDisk SDHC card in my Zumo 550 without any issues.

I have a back up card that I take on trips that has all my Zumo base data, trip data, POI's, extra mapping, etc, including lots of music. That card is a 16 gig SDHC card.

I can't verify that all SDHC cards will work but so far both of mine work flawlessly. (both are SanDisk SDHC cards.

The largest standard SD I have is only 4 gig but I out grew that long ago.

Like you, I had a difficult time finding a large capacity SD card so though I would try a cheap SDHC card & found it worked perfectly.

Morning Again Ed

A little follow up to my post above. To utilize a SDHC card in your Zumo you will need to have at least the 3.0 firmware (if your unit is up to date on updates that should already be in your Zumo.

The 3.0 firmware update added support for SDHC cards.

To see what firmware (software) version your Zumo has --

turn the Zumo on --

then push on the wrench (lower R/H corner)--

then push on system icon--

then push ABOUT icon--

Your version will be in the top line--

If 3.0 or above it should be able to use SDHC cards.

Been using an 8GB SDHC for several years. No issues. Plenty of room for NA maps. I put all the music and maps on the card, and keep the routes in the main memory. Works fine for me.

Great!! Thanks! For Now I have the updated East US but when I return I will work on the SD process and will try the SDHC. Thanks again.

Archived