IGNORED

Where to locate Autocom on R1200GS

Haynes

My friend has a 1200GS and wants me to install and hardwire his Autocom. He is tired of having it in his pocket or running cables from the tankbag. My question is: Is there a place or cavity to locate the unit in the bike?

I've successfully installed Autocom units but only in R1150RTs. Any other hints you can offer are also appreciated.

To take the tank off I have to cut the two wire ties, holding the Autocom itself in place. But I have left enough slack in the wires that run forward along side the tank, that I can let them draped down along side of the tank when I need to remove it. Basically the slack is normally coiled behind the silver side panel.

For power of this, and all my 'stuff' I have a separate fuse block installed. This is an early picture of the fuse block itself. It's a lot fuller now.

22183667-M.jpg

Below the fuse block sits a TPS-15 for the items I want switched on/off by the bike. It connects to the small terminal strip to the (bike's) left of the fuse panel in the above picture.

22183672-M.jpg

This diagram shows everything I have added to date. Sorry for the blurriness, smugmug seems to have a tough time with this type of 'picture'.

52073433-L.jpg

Archived