IGNORED

2001 R1200C Eye Sight Glass Leaking !!

jrlunsford

I'v just purchase a 2001 Curiser and noticed the Eye Glass where your check you oil is leaking pretty good. I just purchased a new one and was wondering how to replace the old one the new one and how complicated is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like it might have been over filled with oil thus causing this leaking problem. thumbsup.gif

It's pretty straight forward. Get the oil level below the site glass. Some drain some, some tip the bike to the right.

Take a wood screw, heat it, then thread it into the center of the plastic lens. Pull sharply and it will pop out.

To seat the new one use a drift or an appropriated sized socket as a drift and tap it in.

Hey Ken, I thought I would go ahead and change the oil and filter since the bike just hit 6,000 miles and I thought this would be a good time to change the eye sight glass. What do you think about that? grin.gif

Yes, changing the oil is one way to insure there is none in there. Well not actually changing it, but the draining it part of changing it! grin.gifwink.gif

Archived