IGNORED

Rider footpeg lowering kits for R1100R?

dinamasu

I have come across three different footpeg lowering kits for the R1100R/R850R. Does anyone have any experience with any? One is made by Verholen another by Suburban and I think the other was made by Wudo. I just picked up a 1997 R850R and I really would like a bit lower foot peg. Maybe 1" to 1 1/2".

TIA

I looked at a few of them for dear bride's 1100R. Of the ones we looked at (she sat on a few 1100R bikes with lowered pegs at the Lima rally) she liked the Wudo unit best by a large margin. I contacted Wudo to inquire about them, but they told me they only make them for the 1150R now and the two units are not interchangeable. The Suburban unit is probably the easiest to come by and least trouble to install.

I looked at a few of them for dear bride's 1100R. Of the ones we looked at (she sat on a few 1100R bikes with lowered pegs at the Lima rally) she liked the Wudo unit best by a large margin. I contacted Wudo to inquire about them, but they told me they only make them for the 1150R now and the two units are not interchangeable. The Suburban unit is probably the easiest to come by and least trouble to install.

Thanks. I was wondering why I could not find a Wudo for the 1100/850R because I knew there were Wudo lowering kits.

I like the Wudo idea of moving the pegs forward and NOT downward. I saw the R1150R set on their German web site. Too bad they no longer have the kit for the R1100R.

I found a source in the USA for the MV Verholen kit:

MV Verholen Kit

Suburban Machinery is now using the R1200RT for the 1100/850R:

Suburban Machinery

Archived