IGNORED

1200RT accessories

dan_forker

Well, here goes. I'm new to this board because I am in the process of ordering a new RT. Have ridden a GoldWing for the last 10 years and before that Yamaha Ventures.

When the 1200RT came out the Wing was the same as history. Just a question of time.

So two questions:

1. I ride with a group that all have CB communication and aren't about to switch to something else. Does anyone have any experience with the J&M Bar mount CB & intercom unit that came out a year or two ago? Any problem getting it to intergrate with the BMW factory radio? Any other problems?

2. I think I prefer a GIVI Top Case. How difficult is it to get the available tail, stop and turn signal lites on the GIVI to operate since BMW went to the single wire system?

I guess last but not least, are any of you former Wing riders and do you regret the switch.

Let me know if anyone gives you information on the tail trunk, as far as the cb, I talked to Sierra Electronics and they said they can hook me up.

1. I just switched from a wing and have no regrets. Just as comfrtable as a wing but much funner once u get to your destination and a lot lighter. Wing has a better stereo but RT hs adjustable windscreen, and ESA.

2. I recommend autocom for an audio system. U can plug anything into it. Dont recommend the BMW am/Fm/cd. CD skips over bumps. Radio hard to get stations unless really strong. I get better results from satellite radio and a walkman. Get an autocom and plug a communicator into that unless u really need CB. I really like satellite radio.

3. I have the BMW topcase and like it just fine. It could be a little tricky hooking something into the single wire can-bus system

Archived