IGNORED

2011 mirrors and saddlebag protection

Lester V

Greetings,

1. I would prefer to mount the GS style of mirrors for extra rear visibility but the mounting switch gear has changed from 2009 going to the 2011. Has anyone added mirrors and can they recommend a good quality add on, be they bar end or whatever. And pictures?

2. Saddlebag protection. I'm looking for something to go on the top of the painted part. I've use the clear plastic cupboard shelving material for other uses like this and see some 3M kits advertised. BMW has the wrap. Part# 7160 7 714 329. Anyone had any experience with it and what does it actually cover. The color?

cheers,

The top part of the clamp for the switches can be replaced with the older style that can accept screw in mirrors.

The protection kit covers the top and front of the painted areas of the bags.

Firenailer

I used the microfiche on MAX BMW website to order mine. Its pretty easy, just change the top clamps and screw in the mirrors. They look fine and work so much better, I just couldnt get used to the standard mirrors.

Thanks for the great responses guys. For the same $ it looks like I have the option of going with the sport style or the round GS style.

Cheers

Archived