IGNORED

Highway Pegs

jetratt

Are the J-pegs highway pegs worth the cost? Is there another alternative for the 12RT?

IMHO, YES, they are well worth the cost.. If your going to do any extended saddle time, you'll love them.

Craig

Are the J-pegs highway pegs worth the cost? Is there another alternative for the 12RT?

I'll echo the "yes vote" for the Elf-pegs. At $350.. definitely pricey. BUT.. the install is so sweet, they are so handy and well made. Worth it to me for the few minutes out of every hour I need to strecth a little.

There are others, such as these from Burton-Briggs.

I got the S-Curve pegs from Cyclegadgets.

They look like crap but work very well without putting any stress on the valve cover bolts. thumbsup.gif

When I had my RT, I had those on my bike and really liked them for that reason too thumbsup.gif. No stress on the covers IS a big deal IMHO.

I was chapped a bit about the elf/sahara peg cost, too, until I did a 2500 mile trip. Then I thought they paid for themselves on that one ride.

I was also concerned about weight / stress on the cylinders, but if you use them for their designed purpose, I don't think it's an issue.

They are well-made, too.

(If the manufacturer would care to send me a check now, I'll gladly provide my mailing address.)

Archived