IGNORED

First tupperware remove for trans & air filter

macx

They sure don't make it easy, but at least it went back on easier &

quicker than it came off, so hopefully will go easier next time.

Was going to change plugs "while I was in there" then found I don't have the right socket.

THEN realized it at least looks like a bunch of tupperware has to come off to get at the bottom plug (!?) - OR can some of the lower screws be removed and the bottom of that panel pulled away enuf to access that bottom plug without going thru the whole removal process?

Hope so, cuz otherwise - -

At least I got the trans and air filter changed. No time to do the TB's today.

Thx for any tips on accessing those bottom plugs.

(I have a center plug cap removal tool from my 04 R1150 so am OK there. Not at home, working a long ways from home on a long term temp job so don't have quite all my tools with me (I suppose the same plug socket works, with my luck, but I don't have it with me), and have to work out on a crushed gravel driveway (ouch!)

Danny caddyshack Noonan

macx

I don't see why you can't do that with the bottom six screws including the one under the seat. Maybe the lower screw on the upper fairing to lower fairing attach too. Shove a large towel under the plastic to maintain the standoff while you work?

Haven't tried it myself though.

I tried to access the lower plugs on my '12 RT without taking off all of the plastic. Tried just taking off the lower screws and such, but by the time I felt comfortable that I was not tweaking the plastic too much, I only had 3 or 4 screws to go anyway. So it all came off.

Mark

I tried to access the lower plugs on my '12 RT without taking off all of the plastic. Tried just taking off the lower screws and such, but by the time I felt comfortable that I was not tweaking the plastic too much, I only had 3 or 4 screws to go anyway. So it all came off.

Mark

I did it recently doing exactly what Danny suggested.

Archived