IGNORED

04' 1150 RT - Fuel pump source?

Oldironken

This afternoon i began replacing all of the internal hoses and fuel filter from inside the gas tank. While trying to be VERY careful removing the crimped clamps i still managed to break the plastic pipe of the fuel pump off. (Grrrrrr)

So, does anyone have a suggestion on the best source for a fuel pump? Beemer Bonyard has a replacement kit for $145 (it doesn't have the breakable plastic piping) it has more than i need since i already bought the rest of it, but it is still is less than the OEM version with the breakable plastic.

- Has anyone used the Beemer Boneyard pump?

- How well did it fit?

BTW i decided that i will be using the Beemer Boneyard supplied screw type clamps on everything to lessen the chance of damage in the future.

Thanks in advance for all of the guidance,

Ken

I'm in the same boat as you as I did (part) of the job yesterday. The last damn oetiker clamp at the fuel pump nipple was a bear and I gave it a slight twist breaking the nipple (cheap plastic)off the fuel pump :mad:

I looked on Ebay and found a new "direct fit" fuel pump for $69.98. (click) . However, I went with the Beemer Boneyard kit as I KNOW those guys are sharp and great to do business with plus it has a brass nipple instead of plastic.

BB also has a used fuel pump listed off a low mileage bike, but again it wasn't worth it to me.

It's such a PIA job to do (internal fuel line/filter replacement), I don't want to have to do it twice.

Outpost - I'm contacting BB now about just getting the pump and not the whole kit. Just last week i got everything in the kit except for the pump from them. The brass nipple is the big selling point for me too.

Archived