IGNORED

Set 24 hour time format?

Deek

I want to set the time on the clock of my 2013 BMW RT to "24" or "military" time format,i.e., 1PM = 1300. I cannot find any mention of how to do that in my Owners Manual. My Triumph Tiger can do it, so I'm SURE the Beemer can also.......

Anyone been able to do that?

Morning Deek

On the 1200 Hexhead it was a dealer change only as they needed their service computer to change it.

I would imagine the camhead is the same but can't tell you that as a definite.

Just spoke to my BMW dealer tech guy. He said that on my 2012 RT the only way to change the mode is to hook up to the BMW computer and go to clock mode and select 24 hr. mode. Give a dealer a call near you and ask them about your specific bike year and model. I also asked him if the GS-911 can access the Clock mode but he was not sure since they do not use them.

Oh man, mine just came back from the initial service! Groan. Now another trip just to set the clock.......I should have noticed earlier, but didn't.....only got about 600 miles on the bike. I guess I'd had the dealer change the time (to 24hr) on my previous RT's and forgot.....that happens when you get old(er). :P

Thanks for the replies. Now I know why I could not find the solution during an internet search! Well, at least my Garmin is set to display the "proper" time. ;)

Archived