IGNORED

Shoei Neotec Sizing?

Exploreinman

Exploreinman

Shoei sizing guide recommends Medium 22 1/2-22 7/8 inches head measurement and a Large 23 1/4-23 5/8 inches head measurement. My head measures right at 23.0 inches. Anyone with similar measurement s have any suggestions on which way to go?

Exploreinman

No, they don't. I know a helmet will "break in" after wearing it a while and you want it to fit snug and flush to your head & face. I lean towards going with a large though. I've been wearing HJC helmets for the past 10 years and their sizing measurements are the same as Shoei's. I've owned a medium and a large HJC, and the medium just stayed too tight, so I'm leaning towards the large in the Neotec.

I agree that the HJC and Shoei sizing schemes are very similar. My hat size is the same as yours, or maybe a hair smaller, and I find the Large Shoeis fit me well, including their RF's, Multitec and new Neotec. One surprise with the Neotec however was that the original cheekpads were too tight (thick) - cured with a set of their thinner pads - my first such issue with any helmet.

Archived