IGNORED

Video: dogs, cats, and trust

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

The first part of this video - with the mama-dog trying to encourage the pup to come down the steps - is so touchingly cute, you forget that there's a punchline coming at the end.

Exactly why I am a dog person and NOT a cat person.

I do not hate cats, I just don't like them as a pet.

Everytime a cat person friend is trying to get me to like their cat, the common answer is "he comes when I call and plays and fetches..he is just like a dog"...my answer is.."so is MY DOG"

My dog is SO loyal and loving, she is awesome.

We have a 8 1/2 week old puppy here. So, it is very interesting watching our unrelated dogs deal with her. She gets the "Puppy pass" constantly, but they warn her regularly when she takes liberties.

One of the most telling scenes from my years of association with dogs was when we got a puppy, and had a mature dog already. He was totally nonplussed that we would screw up the pack with this useless addition. About the third day, she tried to follow him up the stairs. When he realized she did not have the required skills, he went back down and showed her multiple times in slow motion, until she got it. Responsibility between pack members takes precendence over personal preference. Something we are supposed to have in common with canines.....

Our seven year old bitch does not like our puppy. But when he was two or three months old, if he cried or yelped, she always ran to make sure the puppy was okay.

Now, at 10 months, she merely ignores him.

Archived