IGNORED

Sorry

kmac

I posted in the happy valentines day thread an apology, but I wanted to do it in its own place. I apologize.

I have been posting alot of religious posts and kind of beating it like a dead horse.

Just to make it clear, I did not mean to be like that.

I have been feeling beat up on in forums and in secular life for have a Bible based conscience and a God fearing Christian lifestyle and when religion came up a bit back and a mod stated that religion is not a banned topic, I guess I went a bit crazy pushing it on you all.

It honestly is not my style. I guess I chose to take the "fight" rather than "flight" option and it was not cool.

I stand by my beliefs and lifestyle, but I will not post unrequested religious stands anymore.

If anyone ever had a specific thought or question I would be happy to explain my understanding or belief, but I will not just jump in with them anymore.

It is my bad and I am sorry.

Even in my ministry I normally never take that approach and am not positive why I did it here.

Sorry.

Kelly

I don't think I read more than one or two of these posts. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. As a card carrying atheist, I don't recall being offended.

Personally, I find it easier to get along here by avoiding "lightning rod" topics such as religion (or lack thereof), vegetarianism, global warming, etc. for the same reasons that politics is banned here. But that's just me - I don't like to argue with people.

Happy riding.

Yeah, Kelly. I read one of yours and it didn't offend me ... a devout agnostic. But thanks for for thinking enough about folks here to offer the apology (whether it was needed or not).

I don't think I read more than one or two of these posts. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. As a card carrying atheist, I don't recall being offended.

Personally, I find it easier to get along here by avoiding "lightning rod" topics such as religion (or lack thereof), vegetarianism, global warming, etc. for the same reasons that politics is banned here. But that's just me - I don't like to argue with people.

Happy riding.

I generally avoid any discussion, on the web or person to person, where I know ahead of time that I have no chance of changing my discussion partner's point of view one bit.

I generally avoid any discussion, on the web or person to person, where I know ahead of time that I have no chance of changing my discussion partner's point of view one bit.

An excellent rule. Life is too short for pointless argument.

Thanks for understanding.

I appreciate it.

I love a good lively discussion on just about any topic, but not neccesarily beating something over someones head.

I like it here on this site and realized I was being dumb and possibly alienating people, not a good thing.

So how is the weather?

Good news though, I am starting my new build thread...so that will be the new controversy and give many the chance to hit me back over the head....lol

You didn't need to apologize. You weren't obnoxious about it and not EVERY post contained the subject anyway. As to your question, the weather sucks! -16F ambient this morning. If this keeps up much longer I'm drinking 'til Spring!

I look forward to your build thread-with lots of pictures I hope.

Have a good one! :)

That Python skit is one of my favs.

Richard,

OUCH, I can not even imagine -16*f

I am a born and raised Kalirniakistanian so the 30s freaks us out.

We have seen the mid 20s here before, once every couple of years, but we would only go outside if we absolutely had to.

Sissys, I know. But we also have to put up with all of those 80* days so it is sheer torture. lol

It was 80* on Fri and has really dropped to 65* today...brrr

Now THIS is the right place for an argument.. ;)

HERE

Was that the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

I'm sorry, did you want to have a religious discussion? That's down the hall, second door on the left, marked "History". (Forgive me, father, um, something, something...the sarcasm is set on "fire hose" today! I may need my own apology thread in a minute.)

Weather is great, low 70's. Rode for aboot an hour today but needed the cooler jacket in the tourist-clogged traffic. Why did I go out in the daylight?!? :dopeslap:

Personally, I think global warming is caused by vegetarian snowbirds on their way from church/temple functions sitting still at green lights trying to get to "early bird special" dinners at 3:30 p.m. before attending political rallies. At least that's the opinion of this atheist. :grin:

Personally, I think global warming is caused by vegetarian snowbirds on their way from church/temple functions sitting still at green lights trying to get to "early bird special" dinners at 3:30 p.m. before attending political rallies. At least that's the opinion of this atheist. :grin:

While driving a Prius or PT cruiser...eventually slowly!

While driving a Prius or PT cruiser...eventually slowly!

Snowbirds are rich, so down here they drive Boxsters (instead of PTs), MB's, Caddies and Land Rovers. And FL = old people. Sarasota county is the oldest in the country(over 250K people)! Charlotte county (the next one south) is oldest under 250K people. It's scary at stop lights. Nothing but Q-tips until the sun goes down.

Archived