IGNORED

1200 RT light brackets

RET2

Is anyone building aux light brackets yet for the 2005 RT's? I really like the radar mounts on the new 1200RTP but they're not availble yet. I'm mounting either PIA 910's or similar HID units.

No and YES thumbsup.gifclap.gif Go to http://adventurersworkshop.com/ and look at the EXCEL header bolt light mounts for the GS. I found that they mount to the upper screw located under the mirror on the R1200RT. This places the bracket just above the mirror for a light to be added. I am putting on a set of Hella Micro DE Xenon lights. I can send you a e-mail photo of the install. When I attempt to attach a picture to this post I am unable to.

Andy

Thanks for the heads up. FYI attachment didn't work on second post. I'd really appreciate a E-M photo when you're done. I was hoping to get the addittional lights mounted just below the headlight to appear to be legal here in Ca.That being said they sure aren't legal when I light them up so I just may have to be a little more selective in their usage. Thanks Ralph

Somewhere I saw a caliper mount for aux. lights on the 12RT similar to the one offered by Motolights. It think it is made by Martin, but I could be wrong about that. I am not fond of that mounting location so will be interested in knowing about any alternatives, perhaps from CycleGadgets or some other supplier. Somebody in Dallas was also working on solution...

Archived