IGNORED

Difference between 2012/2013 R1200RT?

Deek

Anyone do the research lately? Thinking of a new or slighted used R1200RT and wonder what differences there are in the two model years other than price.

....and what's a good guess for the price difference I should expect in the two model years? I'm seeing about 19.5 for a 2012 and 20.5 for a 2013 equipped with audio, cruise, heated, etc.

And lastly, anyone traded a '09 for a 12/13 model RT lately? Curious what mine would bring.

I'm not an authority but I beleive there is no difference between the '11,'12 and '13 RT, except for colors. With the new water-cooled boxer expected in '14 there won't be much effort spent improving the existing model.

IMO

pete

I'm not an authority but I beleive there is no difference between the '11,'12 and '13 RT, except for colors. With the new water-cooled boxer expected in '14 there won't be much effort spent improving the existing model.

IMO

pete

That's what I figured. The only thing I recall is they switched from the fuel-strip sensor for the gas gauge to a regular float-type, but I don't remember the year.....during 2012 I think?

The only thing I recall is they switched from the fuel-strip sensor for the gas gauge to a regular float-type, but I don't remember the year.....during 2012 I think?

The change to a float was during August 2010 production.

The only thing I recall is they switched from the fuel-strip sensor for the gas gauge to a regular float-type, but I don't remember the year.....during 2012 I think?

The change to a float was during August 2010 production.

Thanks for the info on the float addition.

Asked my dealer back in December. He said since the new liquid cooled engine will not be on the 2013 model so there is no difference. Buying a 2013 is a continuance of the 2012 model.

No changes to options and colors. Price change? Not sure if the base price or option packages changed. So buy a 2013 if you have the money or else get a 2012 leftover. No difference.

Archived