IGNORED

Do I Have A Fuel Strip and Vented FD On My 2011 R1200 RT?

Michael B

OK guys, need the definitive straight poop on a couple of items of importance to me.

I bought a 2011 R 1200 RT manufactured in August of 2010 (looked at the label on the top right fork tube).

Fuel Strip or Float? I read this forum daily and know there is a lot of contradictory info on this issue. So, does anyone know for SURE whether I have the strip or float? If it's the strip rather than the float, is it really a big deal? I read about a lot of strip failures. Is it hard to replace? In seeking my own answer, I looked carefully in my fuel tank with a flashlight and saw nothing.

Vented FD? Same thing...lots of different info, so is my 07/10 Final Drive vented? Hope so because vented sounds good.

DR, are you out there? You seem to be the ultimate opinion on stuff like this.

Thanks all!!

Michael

Go to

realoem.com

Enter the site

Input your Vin # (last 7 digits)

Under fuel system it may tell you which one you have,

It does look as though you have a vent for the final drive but you should be able to see that on the drive.

Terry

My '07 GSA has the float because of the "no computer" option. As noted thru the parts info.

Best way to find out about your own paricular bike, is thru Max's Parts Web site.

As you put in the info an vin#,..parts info will correspond for that make/model/year with the options added or not.

Really appreciate everyones replies, and as a result I have my answers.

Looks like my 07/10 bike indeed has a fuel strip and my FD is vented. Terry's lead to www.realoem.com was the key to both. Excellent source that I've already bookmarked for future use. Rich's photo showing the vent was exactly like my FD. Thanks to both of you guys!

I'm happy to have a vented FD but wish my bike had the float vs. the strip...but oh well. Is the strip hard to replace?

Finally, this and other BMW forums (MOA when virus free) are so valuable for folks like me who aren't sophisticated mechanics. Great resource! Happy New Year!

Archived