IGNORED

Aftermarket Seat for R1200RT

RamblinGuy

Any experience with aftermarket seats specifically for the R1200RT?

I'm going to buy a pair for my RT, so I'm watching this post also.

Just bought a Cee Baileys, marine vinyl, heated, for $350 for the wife's R1200 - this is the second one, as we bought one for her R1150 and she loved it. Unlike the one for the 1150, this one is virtually identical in looks to the stock seat,but is more comfy and gives her more footage than the stock seat in the low position. You have to send in a seat to provide the pan (I bought a used one just because I like having the original on hand) but they usually turn it around in 2 weeks or less.

I use wunderlich for the low seat height but had a corbin on my GS and loved it. Most of the long distance guys like Russell seats or Bill Mayer. I have no experience with either. The russell seat is wider so it would increase the effective seat height slightly which I cant afford. Ive ridden Corbin for 400 miles at a stretch with no butt burn whatsoever. Corbin is not custom made to weight and inseam. Russell and Bill Meyer seats are custom made to weight and inseam. I had a Saddleman road sofa on my gold wing and another seat that were supposedly custom made to my height and weight and neither was as comfortable as a stock corbin seat on the wing or on the GS. The Corbin on the wing esepcially made a significant difference. The downside to the Corbin is that they can be difficult to install initially.

Any experience with aftermarket seats specifically for the R1200RT?

Call Bill Mayer Saddles and they'll build you a seat to fit.. Great customer service too...

Ride Safe..

Archived