IGNORED

12,000 mi. Service!

zixis9

Comin up to my 12000 service. I think I can save some labor costs by dropping it off with tupperware removed. Does anyone do that? is it worth the effort? 2011 RT

Afternoon zixis9

Call you dealer & talk to them. Some will give a small discount & others have flat rates for service prices.

In any case, if you do remove the tupperware & ride it in put the bolts back in the J clip nuts or put a tie strap through each J nut. Those little rascals can fall off while riding without a bolt through them.

In most cases it probably won't save you anything. They remove the tupperware pretty quickly and the service hours are usually built into a flat rate price with or without removal of any parts

• 1 month later...

I used to remove the tupperware from my LT and it saved me $400 each time I had the dealership do a 12k service. Call them and see what you can save. It will probably be 1 hour of labor.

I'd get the price for the service before asking about you removing the tupperware. Think you'd get a better idea if it will be worth the effort.

Pat

Archived