IGNORED

Need a Color Code

Foot

Does anyone have a paint color code for the standard silver wheel for the RT?

When I bought the bike it had powder coated white wheels. White wheels are great for a static display, but seriously suck for a bike that you ride. Brake dust looks terrible after a short day riding.

I had to replace the front wheel and now I have a white back wheel.

Also: any suggestions on stripping the white powder coat.

Alan

hi alan

The origional silver finish will be a code only bmw have and i dont know if they could supply you with it.

I think i would go to my local paint factore aand they will be able to mix it for you from their colour scheme chip,s.

i think i would go for a clear over base finish .

regards

derek

When I bought the bike it had powder coated white wheels. White wheels are great for a static display, but seriously suck for a bike that you ride. Brake dust looks terrible after a short day riding.

Alan

Alan,

Wurth Silver and Wurth Clear do a nice job of wheel restoration. It is the same paint used by the factory for most BMW and Mercedes car wheels.

Mick

Alan

Alan,

Wurth Silver and Wurth Clear do a nice job of wheel restoration. It is the same paint used by the factory for most BMW and Mercedes car wheels.

Mick

Thanks for the info on the wurth paint. It looks like an inexpensive fix, I will sure give it a shoot.

Alan

Archived